A home is a place where you come after a tiring day at work and when it is designed in such a way that can make you feel good it feels like heaven. For most of us home is the best place in the world where we can be anything and which gives us the freedom to make it the way we wanted it to be. Designing your home requires lots of efforts and in the different sections, it will be very complicated to design it according to your imagination. There are many objects which increase the beauty of your home and when it gets some qualities it will add worth to your home décor. There are many made in India handicrafts that derive its values from different locations and because of its uniqueness, it adds a special appearance in your home. Here are some of the descriptions of handicrafts that you can use in your home décor.
1. Woodcraft – wood crafts are the items made solely from wood. It requires special skills and expertise in making and designing the woodcrafts. In general, we can observe and see the woodcrafts around us which are made with extreme expertise and passion. It is the most basic and most required home décor that we can use in the home décor. There are some of the states in India where we can find extremely beautiful and unique objects made from wood. Their location is important while talking about personalization. There are many states like Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Punjab, Kashmir, and Chhattisgarh. If the woodcrafts get its rare value from a specific location or locality then it will add worth to your home décor.
2. Brass handicraft – brass is a special kind of metal which is made with an alloy of copper and zinc. Brass is the most used metal in local handicrafts. There are many beautiful objects and home décor items that are made from Brass. There are a few artists in the different localities who have mastery in making brass handicrafts. It is a shiny metal that shines like gold and is long-lasting, which makes it an ideal home décor item.
3. Bamboo handicrafts – Bamboo handicrafts are the most unique handicrafts that make the natural appearance in the home décor. When you decorate the home with some of the most unique bamboo handicrafts made from organic bamboo it makes a very natural appearance in the home. At the different levels, many objects and items are made from bamboo-like furniture, lamps, trays, basket, and vases.
4. Phulkari – Phulkari is the embroidery used in making textiles. It has its origin in the 15th century and from that time it has its evaluation. Because of its unique detailing, it is world-famous and in the home décor, it is used in the curtains and sofas. It has a unique texture that gives the ethnic appearance to your home.
5. Carpet weaving – Carpet weaving is one of the most famous ancient artwork that gives an antique and unique appearance to your home. The carpets are made from a skillful woman in the different localities. While talking about its beauty it is an ancient artwork that gives the unique and antique appearance to home décor.
6. Handicraft made from Shell – Handicraft made from Shell or shell craft is the unique mode of handicraft that is not unique but also fresh in its appearance. The shell from the oceans has a special value and in the home décor, it makes a fresh appearance. Different shells are obtained from the ocean having special uniqueness and some are rare to get. Because of its rare value, it makes a special appearance in your home décor.
7. Jute handicraft – Jute handicrafts are used in the daily essential items and it can be used in the home décor items also. There are many skillful artists in the country that have mastery in making jute handicrafts and from that skill Jute handicraft got its value in the world. In Indian handicrafts, jute has a special value and is used in different ways in making the home décor items.
Kathputli from Rajasthan – the Rajasthani kathputlies are the unique puppets used in the unique drama created in the streets of Rajasthan. Putting kathputlies in your home gives a fancy appearance in the home décor and at the different levels, it makes a special appearance in the décor.
Karimnagar silver filigree from Telangana – Karimnagar silver filigree from Telengana is the special filigree items only made in the state of Telangana. It has its special value in the local market. It can be used as a good home décor item. It is made by the skillful artists locally based in the state of Telangana. The Telangana state government promotes this kind of artwork and on the world map, it has its special value.
Terracotta from Assam – Terracotta is the special handicraft items made from clay. Because it is made in Assam it has its unique value that gives a special appearance to your home décor. If put in the right place in the home it can make a perfect special effect on the home décor. It is not necessary that you have to purchase the item only from the Assam but now in the digitized world, local artists have the power to sell their items on the online stores. You can purchase the same from the online store that will deliver the same item to your home.
The mentioned handicrafts have some unique characteristics because of their locations and making skills which can be found only in that particular location. However it is not necessary that these handicrafts are to be purchased from these locations only, you have the option to purchase this beautiful article from your fingertips at the comfort of your home online. If you have the opportunity to visit one of these locations and have the privilege to see its making than you should buy one of these peace of beauties.