Indian handicrafts are world-famous have a huge demand in the international market. When it comes to decorating your home with the handicrafts then the choice will become very personal. The handicrafts from different Indian states have special value and at different levels, in-home décor it plays an important role. The home is a personal reflection of your choice and preferences that changes according to time. When you visit a new place in different states there will be an image of your home in that place, and to give it a personal touch of the specific location you take home the handicraft of your choice and decorate the same in your home.
The following is the list of handicrafts that you can use in your home décor.
1. Bidriware handicrafts, Karnataka – the Bidriware handicrafts have its origin from the Bidar location. Because of its unique making process, it is a great export item and has a huge demand in the international market. The metal handicraft has special value because of world-famous metal artwork.
2. Kathputli, Rajasthan – the kathputli from Rajasthan are the puppets made for creating street drama. It is a world-famous article that is famous in different parts of the world.
3. Dhokra, Chattisgarh – the dhokra handicrafts from Chhattisgarh are made from wax and metal casting. Because of its unique making of famous and skilled artistic work, it is famous in the different parts of the nation. The dhokra elephant, dhokra horse are some of the famous handicraft items that are in huge demand. The geographical location of Chattisgarh makes it more special when you take it to your home.
4. Nirmal toys & craft, Telangana – these are traditional softwood toys that are made in the locality of Nirmal in Telangana. The specialty of these handicrafts is its unique making process and the amount of detailing done in it. The Nirmal handicraft will spread positivity in your home décor. The Nirmal furniture and painting are the most demanding items in the world from Telangana.
5. Karimnagar, silver filigree, Telangana – the silver filigree of Telangana are the most famous article and huge demand in the market. The silver filigree from Karimnagar is made by highly skilled artists. The art because of its ancient detailing makes it more special. The amount of artistic work and efforts put in it makes it extraordinary. The silver filigree is made by highly skilled
6. Sankheda woodcraft, Gujarat – the sankheda woodcrafts are the colorful painted furniture made in the locality of sankheda in Gujarat. The woodcrafts have demand in the different parts of India. There are many artists in the world that makes the same woodcraft but sankheda woodcraft has the special qualities for which it is known.
7. Terracotta works, Puducherry – terracotta artwork are traditional crafts made in the state of Puducherry. These are made from fine green clay that is only available in Puducherry.
8. Konark stone carving, Odisha – the stone carving from Konark is exceptionally beautiful and has a special presence in the state. It is an ancient practice performed in the state of Odisha. There are different artists in India that perform the same art but this is a special work of art.
9. Bamboo handicrafts work, Chhattisgarh – the bamboo handicrafts are special art crafts that are made in Chattisgarh. The bamboo handicrafts have a special appearance in home décor. These handicrafts are made in the tribal areas of Chattisgarh.
10. Shell crafts, Andaman – the shell from oceans are made in the use of handicrafts. These are made from the naturally driven shells from the ocean. The local artists of Andaman are famous in making handicrafts from a shell.
The mentioned items have a special value that you transfer to your home and make it your piece of personality. The different locations in your home have special characteristics that you decorate according to the available home décor items. The mentioned handicraft items are unique and its making process makes them stand apart from the modern-day home décor items. The article gives a clear understanding of the different aspects of the home décor that you are missing in your day to day life.